When ‘Pet’ the sheep was tragically orphaned, she was swiftly taken under the wing of this beautiful collie sheep dog. In time Pet stopped acting like a sheep, and started adopting the characteristics of a sheep dog. Short of barking, and pooping on your doorstep, Pet goes full dog thug life in this hilarious clip.
Pet lives in Wales, a beautiful little country next to England. Although we live a long, long way away, the folks at TB hope to meet Pet one day.
Here are some fascinating facts about sheep courtesy of the folks over at Science Kids.
- There are over 1 billion sheep in the world.
- China has the largest number of sheep in the world.
- Adult female sheep are known as ewes.
- Adult male sheep are known as rams.
- Castrated adult male sheep are known as wethers.
- A group of sheep is known as a herd, flock or mob.
- Young sheep are called lambs.
- Sheep have a field of vision of around 300 degrees, allowing them to see behind themselves without having to turn their head.
- Sheep are herbivores that eat vegetation such as grass.
- The digestive system of sheep features four chambers which help break down what they eat.
- Sheep like to stay close to others in a herd which makes them easier to move together to new pastures.
- In 1996, a sheep named Dolly was the first mammal to be cloned from a somatic cell.
- Domesticated sheep are raised for a number of agricultural products including fleece and meat.